Escape Room Events!
What is an Escape Room?
An escape room is a series of themed puzzles and obstacles for the participants to work together to solve and overcome within a specific amount of time.
For example in “Escape from the Wizard’s Tower” the participants gather ingredients, cast spells, and assemble a wizards staff to ultimately teleport (and escape) out of the tower.
- Sessions generally run a little over an hour. Multiple sessions of the same room can be run in one day with time for a short ‘room reset’ in between.
- Each session can have up to 10 participants
- Ideally, these events are run in an area about 15′ X 15′.
- The puzzles are ideal for ages 10 and up, and would even work with adults as well.
- During the session my role is that of the “Gamemaster”. I make sure the rules are followed, I control any effects of the room, I offer hints or guidance as needed, and I just generally make sure everything runs smoothly.
Want more Info or have more Questions? Get in touch with me!
“Matt’s Escape the Room program brought actual teens into our library. And they had FUN! The puzzles were pretty tricky but all the groups managed to escape within the hour time frame. Matt is super easy to work with and very organized. The program went off without a hitch. When the kids were leaving they were asking when the next one was going to be. This event was a big hit”
–Ann Foster, Youth Services Librarian, Snow Library, Orleans
Escape from the Wizards Tower
Follow the journal entries, gather ingredients, & cast spells!
Escape from the Terrible Thicket
Mix potions with the correct herbs, read the signs of the forest, & translate fairy messages!
Escape from the Spooky Graveyard
Assemble gravestones, translate runes, & help the Grave-keeper to escape!